TMU Ministry Matching Grant. TMU matches up to $1,500
The Master’s University Ministry Matching Grant (MMG) is designed to encourage Christian organizations (local churches, Christian schools, mission organizations, etc.)
whose ministries are consistent with the mission of The Master’s University to provide corporate scholarship support for students attending the university. The Master’s
University will match in grant aid, on a dollar-for-dollar basis, up to the amount set forth in “Guidelines” for students , per academic year provided by Christian ministries with
whom the student or the student’s parents are affiliated.
Please note that ministry sponsorships are not tax-deductible
- TMU will match ministry scholarships from one or more organizations up to $1,500 (combined) for new ministry scholarships.
Matching funds will not increase if an organization increases their scholarship from one year to the next.
- For continuing students, TMU will continue to match preexisting ministry scholarships up to the matched amount in years prior to the
2018-19 year. Matching funds will not increase if an organization increases their scholarship from one year to the next.
- Both the award and the match are disbursed equally between the Fall and Spring semesters. Subsequent gifts by any ministry will not
- Student must have a cumulative high school GPA or cumulative college GPA of at least 2.0.
- Ministry Matching Grants are only available for full-time traditional undergraduate students and are not available to students in the
Online Program or graduate programs.
- Both the check from the Christian ministry, as well as this completed Ministry Matching Grant Application, must be received by the
August 3rd deadline in order for matching funds to be awarded.
- Ministry Matching Grants are awarded on first come, first served basis.
- Funds are limited; therefore, interested students and Christian ministries should apply early. Please make all checks payable to The
Master’s University. Applications and checks received after August 3rd will not be matched.
- It is the student’s responsibility to know how the gift from the Christian ministry and TMU’s matching will be coordinated with other
financial aid. The student is encouraged to consult the Office of Financial Aid at 800.568.6248 x2290 to ascertain how the award will
affect their financial aid before requesting participation from a Christian ministry, as their award could be affected. The student is also
responsible to correspond with the Christian ministry to ensure that BOTH application and check are submitted before the deadline.
- The Ministry Matching Grant is not intended to: match gifts from individuals for specific students, match internship monies, or match